10/29/2020 - Technical Bulletin - MEGApix 5MP Firmware Update vA6.2.2_20201014
DW Technical Bulletin
To: DW® Customers
Date: October 28, 2020
Re: MEGApix 5MP Firmware Update
MEGApix® 5MP Firmware Update
Affected Model Numbers: DWC-MB45Wi650T, DWC-MB45WiAT, DWC-MB45iALPRT,
DWC-MF5Wi4TW, DWC-MF5Wi6TW, DWC-MF5Wi8TW, DWC-MV45WiATW,
DWC-MV75Wi28TW, DWC-MV75Wi4TW, DWC-MV75Wi6TW,
DWC–MV85WiAT, DWC-MV85WiATW, DWC-PVF5Di1TW
New Firmware Version: A6.2.2_20201014
Current Firmware Version: A6.2.1_20200522
Release Date: 10/26/2020
New Firmware Notes:
- Hardened for cybersecurity:
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters long, with at least 4 combinations of an uppercase letter, lowercase letter, numbers and special characters.
- Passwords cannot contain user ID (username) in them.
- Removed SSH
- UPnP and DDNS are disabled by default.
- After three (3) failed logins, the system will be locked for five (5) minutes (optional configuration in the system menu)
- Auto web connection will logout after ten (10) minutes of inactivity.
- The open-source library is up to date.
- Added System configuration import/export function (except for user credentials).
- Added Web RTC protocol (replacement of WEB RTSP stream) for non-IE browsers.
Note: The VMAX® IP Plus™ NVR must be running firmware v18.104.22.168 or higher to support the new camera features.
MEGApix® 5MP Firmware vA6.2.2_20201014
Click Here for a PDF copy of this bulletin
For More Information or Technical Support
DW Technical Support:
866.446.3595 [email protected] www.digital-watchdog.com
Rev: 10/20 Copyright © DW. All rights reserved. Specifications and pricing subject to change without notice.