04/02/2021 - Release Notes - MEGApix Flex Firmware Update vS2.2.1_20210319
DW Technical Bulletin
To: DW® Customers
Date: April 2, 2021
Re: MEGApix® Flex™ firmware update
MEGApix® Flex™ Firmware Update vS2.2.1_20210319
Affected Model Numbers: DWC-PVX16W, DWC-PVX16W4, DWC-PVX16W2
New Firmware Version: S2.2.1_20210319
Current Firmware Version: S2.2.1_20200316
Release Date: March 31, 2021
- Added system configuration Import/Export function
- Users can now download the camera’s settings or upload settings from another camera for quick configuration and settings backup. In the camera’s settings, go to Setup > System > Configuration Backup to export the camera’s current settings or to upload a setting configuration that was exported from another camera
- Improved connectivity with DW Spectrum® IPVMS
- Intermittent connection loss at channels 2~4 due to too many ONVIF requests by the Server. Fixed.
- System hardening for cybersecurity:
- Passwords must have a minimum of 8 characters with at least 4 combinations of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and special characters.
- Passwords cannot contain the user ID.
- SSH connection is removed.
- UPnP, DDNS is disabled by default in the camera settings.
- New Auto-Lock function - The system will lock for five (5) minutes after three (3) failed login attempts. Go to Setup > Security Setup > Auto Lock Configuration to enable.
- Web connections automatically log out after ten (10) minutes of inactivity.
- The open-source library database is up to date.
- Added WebRTC protocol. The new protocol replaces the current WEB RTSP stream for non-IE browsers.
- The ONVIF driver is updated to version 20.06
Installation File Download
MEGApix Flex Firmware vS2.2.1_20210319
Click Here for a PDF copy of these release notes
For More Information or Technical Support
DW Technical Support:
: 866.446.3595 : [email protected] : www.digital-watchdog.com
Rev: 04/21 Copyright © DW. All rights reserved. Specifications and pricing subject to change without notice.