04/26/2021 - Technical Bulletin - Moisture Absorber Accessory
DW Technical Bulletin
To: DW® Customers
Date: April 26, 2021
Re: Moisture Absorber Accessory
Moisture Absorber Accessory
Affected Model Numbers:
- Analog Cameras: DWC-B6563WTIR650, DWC-B6563WTIR, DWC-B6883WTIR, DWC-B6853WTIR, DWC-V6563WTIR, DWC-V6863WTIRW, DWC-VS753WT
- IP Cameras: DWC-MF21M28T, DWC-MF21M4TIRDMP, DWC-MF2Wi4TWDMP, DWC-MF2Wi28TW, DWC-MF2Wi4T, DWC-MF4Wi4C, DWC-MF4Wi6C, DWC-MF4Wi4, DWC-MF4Wi6, DWC-MF4Wi8, DWC-MF5Wi4TW, DWC-MF5Wi6TW, DWC-MF5Wi8TW, DWC-MF5Wi4TWDMP, DWC-MV45WiATW DWC-MV82WiAT, DWC-MV82DiVT, DWC-MV82WiA, DWC-MV85WiAT, DWC-MV84WiA, DWC-MV84WiAC, DWC-MVC8WiAWTW, DWC-PVX16W series, DWC-PZ21M69T, DWC-PZV2M72T
To address possible moisture accumulation in the camera’s lens cover during shipping or installation, all outdoor models with removable lens cover come with a moisture absorbing packet in the package. This packet is included with all the models listed above.
- The purpose of the moisture absorber is to dry out the moisture from inside the camera, which may have developed during the time between manufacturing and delivery.
- The camera generates enough heat to dry out the moisture during operation. Usually, it will not need the moisture absorber for more than the first day of installation.
- In some cases (environment-based), the camera can experience a moisture issue. In this case, users must keep the moisture absorber in the camera and replace it periodically. The moisture absorber has an approximately 6-month life cycle, varying depending on the environment.
It is highly recommended to install the moisture absorber packet in the camera before the installation process, allowing for any moisture collected during shipping to evaporate before mounting the camera. The moisture absorber packet should be placed under the camera’s lens module, per the instructions card included with each camera.
Failure to place the moisture absorber packet under the camera’s lens module may result in moisture collecting on the camera’s lens cover, as shown in the image.
Replacement moisture absorber packets are available from our RMA department as needed.
Click Here for a PDF copy of this bulletin
For More Information or Technical Support
DW Technical Support:
866.446.3595 [email protected] www.digital-watchdog.com
Rev: 04/21 Copyright © DW. All rights reserved. Specifications and pricing subject to change without notice.