09/10/2020 - Patch Notes - DW Spectrum IPVMS v184.108.40.206768 Software Patch
DW Technical Bulletin
To: DW® Customers
Date: September 10, 2020
Re: DW Spectrum® IPVMS v220.127.116.11768 software patch
DW Spectrum® IPVMS v18.104.22.168768 Patch Notes
New Software Version: v22.214.171.124768
Current Software Version: v126.96.36.199401
Release Date: September 10, 2020
Redesigned PTZ Controls
PTZ control has been redesigned for improved UX. To enable the new PTZ user interface, go to Local Settings in the Desktop Client and uncheck the “Show aim overlay for PTZ cameras” checkbox.
Intel® Quick Sync Video
Intel® Quick Sync Video uses the dedicated media processing capabilities of Intel® Graphics Technology to decode and encode fast, enabling the processor to complete other tasks and improving system responsiveness. Vastly improves the ability of low power hardware (e.g. Intel Atom, Celeron) and the ability of the Desktop Client to decode very high resolution (e.g. 16 MP, 32MP) cameras and streams.
- Go to Local Settings in the Desktop Client and check the “Use Hardware Video Decoding” checkbox to enable Intel® Quick Sync Video
- “Use Hardware Video Decoding” is unchecked by default
Fisheye Lens Projection Options
Improved fisheye dewarping precision by selecting the most suitable lens projection type:
New Axis Cameras Supported
New Arecont Vision Cameras Supported
Additional Hikvision Support
MP2L2 codec is now supported for Hikvision cameras
Encoders Added to the Analog List
- Bosch VIP X1 XF E
- Dahua XVR5104x, DHI-NVR4208-8p-4ks2, DH-HCVR5216an-s3, x51a3e
- Eneo XPM16
- Geovision GV-VS2800, GV-VS2420, GV-VS21600
- Hikvision DS-7216x
- Siqura S-64 E
- Truen Co., Ltd. TCS-3000
Additional Multi-Sensor Camera Support
- Hikvision DS-2PT5326x, DS-2PT3122x
Additional PTZ Support
- Dahua SD59430U-HNI
- Digital Watchdog DWC-MPTZ336x, DWC-MPTZ830x
- Hikvision DS-2DP1636ZIX-D/250
- Panasonic WV-S6130
- Fixed issue where the Axis T8311 joystick would stop working after using 2-way audio with a PTZ camera
- Fixed issue where the incorrect stream resolution was displayed for the MIT Professional 2MP camera
- Fixed issue where some camera models from Sony, Huawei, SMAX, Edimax, and A-MTK had configuration issues that caused the live stream to intermittently stop
- Fixed issue where the signal output did not work on Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4
- Fixed issue with 2-way audio for Uniview cameras
- Fixed issue with streaming for HIKVISION DVR DS-9632NI-I8
- Fixed issue with detecting the input signal for AMTK AH5583T
- The FPS of a live stream would drop if a third-party software used the RTSP API to pull the stream from the Server
- A fix for the error “Storage Issue: Analytics storage DB error. Insufficient permissions on the mount point” was made available. Enable the “forceAnalyticsDbStoragePermissons” advanced option from the WebAdmin interface to apply the fix.
- The Desktop Client would crash if a microphone was disconnected during a 2-way audio session.
- There was no option to disable audio on a camera when "Allow System to optimize camera settings" was unchecked in System Administration
- Fixed the GUI glitch that occurred when creating a new role in the User Roles dialog
- Adding a Virtual Camera and searching for a camera manually were not recorded in the Audit Trail
- On Ubuntu, the scheduled backup didn’t start as expected if the VMS time was configured manually
- Fixed an issue with WebAdmin and Cloud Portal availability for a system with 1000 cameras when accessed outside the network
- The overlay settings for Axis cameras in the "Advanced" tab didn't work without reopening the camera
- The Server returned an invalid thumbnail for the streams with B-frames
- In some rare instances the Server would freeze
- No motion was detected on multi-sensor panoramic cameras when “Force motion detection for stream” was enabled and set to Primary and "Disable secondary stream" was checked
- “Restore from backup” was redesigned to be more straight-forward for Cloud-merged Systems
- The notification "Storage is not configured" disappeared when the Desktop Client was restarted
- Media Server did not destroy the DeviceAgent on camera disconnect
- Media Server improperly returned 500 for the correct ec2/analyticsLookupObjectTracks request
- Added a method for plugins to get the Server’s built-in SDK version.
- Performing a text search for object type in the Desktop Client led to analytics metadata not working properly during playback. Fixed.
- Metadata was received from Stub Analytics Plugin only after Server restart. Fixed.
- When a plugin is enabled on a camera, and its settings are saved by pressing the "OK" button, settings values were not updated in GUI when the plugin setting dialog is being opened again. Fixed.
- Stub Analytics Plugin: “throwPluginDiagnosticEventsFromDeviceAgent” setting was renamed to “throwPluginDiagnosticEventsFromEngine”.
- Fixed the API documentation for the “getCamerasEx” method. Removed the “cameraName” and “cameraId” fields.
- “/api/getEvents” return codes updated.
The following models and analytics features should be supported, but have not been exhaustively tested. Please test your device(s) before implementing this patch:
- Vivotek analytics plugin
- Models: See https://www.vivotek.com/learning/feature-article/24/smart-vca; as of this patch release, the available models consists of the following:
- Fixed Dome Cameras: FD9165-HTx, FD9365-xHTVx, FD9391-EHTV, FD9187-Hx, FD9387-xHx,FD9189-Hx, FD9389-xHx, IT9389-Hx
- Bullet Cameras: IB9365-xHTx, IB9391-EHT, IB9387-xHx, IB9389-xHx
- 360° Cameras: FE9191, FE9391-EV, FE9382-EHV-v2
- 180° Cameras: MS9321-EHV, MS9390-HV
- Mobile Dome Cameras: MD9561-H, MD9581-H
- Analytics Features:
- Added ROI support and object tracking
- Crowd detection
- Intrusion detection
- Line crossing
- Loitering detection
- Missing object
- Running detection
- Unattended object
- Face detection (for some cameras, such as FD9165-HT)
- Tested devices: FE9191, FD9165-HT
- Hikvision Thermal Analytics plugin:
- Hikvision Thermal cameras
- Analytics Features:
- Object tracking
- Thermal alarm
- Thermal pre-alarm
- Thermal regions group
- Thermal alarm for region 1/2/3/4
- Thermal pre-alarm for region 1/2/3/4
- Tested devices: DS-2TD1217B-6/PA (FW V5.5.24 build 200212), DS-2TD2117-3/V1 (FW V5.5.16 build 190429), DS-2TD1217-6/V1 (FW V5.5.18 build 191202).
- The initialization time for some cameras has been improved
- “Allow only secure connections” (HTTPS traffic only) is turned on by default
- The limitations for pre- and post-recording are changed in Camera Settings: 90s for pre-recording and 300s for post-recording.
- The in-client web browser now saves user credentials between browser sessions.
- Added TLS support for LDAP on Linux-based systems.
- Hotkeys changes:
- [+] [−] keys are no longer used to zoom in or out on the Layout.
- Shift + arrow keys are now used to select a camera on the Layout.
- C2P cameras now require one analog encoder license per channel.
- Hardware decoding doesn’t work on Ubuntu
- Hardware decoding is disabled; if there are two (2) graphic adapters and the primary adapter is not Intel®, users should set up a “primary display” to the Intel® adapter to make the hardware acceleration work
In-Client Upgrade Information
- Build Number: 31768
- Password: l1lvxl
Installation File Download
For More Information or Technical Support
DW Technical Support:
: 866.446.3595 : [email protected] : www.digital-watchdog.com
Rev: 09/20 Copyright © DW. All rights reserved. Specifications and pricing subject to change without notice.