Initial Setup of a MEGApix CaaS Camera
Initial Setup of a MEGApix® CaaS Camera
Affected Roles: Administrator, Owner
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum® Edge, DW IP Finder™
Last Edit: October 22, 2020
CaaS Camera Basics
The MEGApix® CaaS Camera Series is comprised of Digital Watchdog IP cameras that feature regular IP camera functionality, but what sets it apart is the CaaS camera’s ability to act as its own, individual DW Spectrum® server.
By utilizing the DW Spectrum® Edge function, users have the option of simply installing CaaS (Camera as a System) cameras without the need for a dedicated server or NVR system.
This article will outline the basic setup process of a MEGApix® CaaS camera up to registering the camera to the DW Spectrum® Client.
**Note: The CaaS solution supports up to 30 cameras within a network without a DW Spectrum® Server.
- MEGApix® CaaS Camera Series
It is recommended to perform the following prior to using this article:
- Power-on and connect the MEGApix® CaaS camera to the network using either a PoE switch or a PoE injector
- Install DW IP Finder™ on a Windows OS computer
- Install the DW Spectrum® Client on the device that you will be using to manage your CaaS camera
- Connect the MEGApix® CaaS camera and the Windows OS computer to the same local network.
- Launch the DW IP Finder™ application and scan for devices.
Locate the CaaS camera. If DW IP Finder™ does not initially locate the camera, you may need to either reconfigure the network settings to ensure that the PC and camera can communicate (default 192.168.1.80) or configure the Windows firewall for DW IP Finder™.
- After locating the CaaS camera, verify that it is using the latest MEGApix® CaaS firmware version.
- To check for the latest firmware, you can check the current version against the available version located under the Software tab on the camera’s product page.
- If the firmware is outdated, you can download the up-to-date version from the product page to update the MEGApix camera firmware.
- In the DW IP Finder™ application, double-click on the CaaS camera.
Upon being prompted, enter the login credentials for the camera (admin/admin).
- Click on the Set Up button, then click on Edge.
- DW Spectrum® Edge feature can be used to:
- Start/Stop the mediaserver
- Reinstall or Update the server version
- Storage can be used to:
- Check if the camera storage is recognized and mounted for the camera
- Format (clear/delete) video storage
- Once you have started the media server, you may proceed with configuring and connecting the DW Spectrum® IPVMS Client with the camera to configure Recording, Licensing, and DW Cloud™ settings for regular monitoring.
Adding Devices Manually to DW Spectrum
**Note: If the DW Spectrum® Administrator/Owner password of the CaaS camera is lost or forgotten, you will need to log into the camera’s web client to remove and clean reinstall DW Spectrum®.