Application Compatibility List
Viewing Application Compatibility List
Affected Roles: All User Roles
Last Edit: December 15, 2020
Digital Watchdog recording systems can be viewed both locally and remotely – either directly (by IP Addressing) or through Peer-to-Peer (P2P).
The viewing application that you should use is dependent on the recording model. So before installing a viewing application to the connecting device (computer, phone, tablet, etc.), make sure that the recording unit will compatible.
- VMAX® Series (960H)
- VMAX® A1 Series (2.1 MP)
- VMAX® A1 Plus Series (5 MP)
- VMAX® IP Plus Series
- DW Blackjack® Series
Mobile applications for both Android systems and iOS (Apple) systems can be downloaded from either the Google Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iOS) on your mobile device (phone or tablet).
Computer applications for both Windows systems and Macintosh systems can be downloaded from the Digital Watchdog Website.
Note: Applications that were not created by Apple may not be recognized by Macintosh computers – additional system approval may be necessary.
Please read Installing Third Party Applications On Macintosh for more information.
Limited Feature Support
Digital Watchdog’s newer standalone units feature Pathfinder (a P2P service) and Push Notifications. Please be aware that even though an application may be compatible with a recording model, there may only be limited feature support.
- VMAX A1 (2.1 MP) – supported by DW Mobile (iOS only)
- VMAX A1 Plus (5 MP) – supported by DW Mobile Plus (iOS & Android)
- VMAX IP Plus – supported by VMAX Plus (iOS & Android) and DW Mobile (iOS only)
- VMAX A1 (2.1 MP) – not supported
- VMAX A1 Plus (5 MP) – supported by VMAX Plus (iOS & Android)
- VMAX IP Plus – supported by VMAX Plus (iOS & Android)
DW Spectrum® Software Compatibility
- The DW Spectrum® Client does not support all DW DVR models. Compatible models include:
- DW VMAX480 [limited support]
- DW VMAX® Flex [limited support]
- DW VMAX® Flex 960H [limited support]
ACS Software for Mac OS X
This legacy software is no longer supported by the Macintosh platform.
- Operating systems running Macintosh version, Catalina (or newer), will no longer save sites within the ACS software
- Does not offer a backup or backup player option
C3™ CMS Software Compatibility
- This software is only compatible with the VMAX® A1 Plus (5 MP), VMAX® IP Plus, and offers limited support for the VMAX® A1 (2.1 MP)
- Compatible with 64-bit OS only
- Connection with the VMAX® A1 Plus through its Pathfinder feature is limited to viewing only. Remote backup currently requires a connection through C3™ CMS with an IP address or DDNS address