10/16/2020 - Technical Bulletin - MEGApix Flex and Pano Camera and Mounting Accessories Hardware Changes
DW Technical Bulletin
To: DW® Customers
Date: October 16, 2020
Re: MEGApix® Flex™ and Pano™ camera and mounting accessories hardware changes
MEGApix® Flex™ and Pano™ Camera and Mounting Accessories Hardware Changes
Affected Model Numbers: DWC-PZ21M69T, DWC-PVZ2M72T, DWC-PVX16W and all lens combinations
Mounting Accessories: DWC-PZCM, DWC-PZWM, DWC-PZADP
Effective Date: 02/27/2020
MEGApix Flex and Pano cameras and accessories hardware have been updated to improve the installation process. The new hardware will go into effect using the existing part number, once the current stock is depleted.
There should be no compatibility issues. Old cameras are still compatible with the new mounting accessories, and vice versa.
How to Tell If You Have New Camera Hardware
- New mounting screws are at the base of the camera. These are used to mount the camera into the mounting accessory’s base by turning the camera clockwise to lock in place.
- A wedge has been added to the side of the camera’s base to guide the camera to properly lock into position with the mounting bracket.
How to Tell If You Have the New Mounting Accessories
- A safety wire has been added at the base of the camera to securely hold the camera in position while completing the wiring of the camera.
- The screws at the base of the camera align with mounting holes in the base of the mounting accessory and lock into position by rotating the camera clockwise.
- Two wedges have been added to the side of the mounting accessory to guide the camera to lock into position properly.
Using a NEW Camera with a NEW Mounting Accessory
Make sure to align the wedge on the side of the camera with the one on the mounting bracket. Rotate the camera clockwise to lock into position.
Using a NEW Camera with an OLD Mounting Accessory
- Remove the coupling screws at the base of the camera.
- Use the mounting screws included with the camera to secure the camera to the mounting bracket or mounting surface.
Using an OLD Camera with a NEW Mounting Accessory
- Option 1: Use two (2) included screws to secure the camera to the mounting accessory.
- Option 2: Use two (2) coupling screws at the base of the camera. Contact DW’s sales team to order.
When using the coupling screws, avoid wobbling the camera and rotate the camera clockwise to lock into position.
Using an OLD Camera with an OLD Mounting Accessory
Use the mounting screws included with the camera to secure the camera to the mounting bracket or mounting surface.
Click Here for a PDF copy of this bulletin
For More Information or Technical Support
DW Technical Support:
866.446.3595 [email protected] www.digital-watchdog.com
Rev: 10/20 Copyright © DW. All rights reserved. Specifications and pricing subject to change without notice.