Heading Name with brief description
Affected Roles: Administrator
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum Desktop
Complexity: Low, Medium, High
Date Created: 10/11/2019
Article Heading: What is Audio-as-an-Action?
Audio-as-an-Action is a feature of DW Spectrum that allows users to create a rule that plays sounds or warning voice file to a targeted device. This allows DW Spectrum operators to communicate using 2-way audio in a walkie-talkie like fashion with devices.
How to use Audio-as-an-action
- Navigate to the Main Menu then select System Administration.
- Select Event Rules.
- Click the Add button to create a new rule.
- Configure your rule as you normally would for your targeted Event or Device.
- In the Action column select Play Sound or Speak.
- Select the targeted output devices, which will play the sound when the event triggered.
- Choose your Interval of Action.
- Choose if you want to play the sound on your client PC.
- Select the sound file or you can add/manage your own sound effect files by click the Manage button.
- Adjust the volume, and test the result.
- Click Apply,and then OK to save the rules and event configuration.