How to create a Bookmark Action
What is a Bookmark?
A Bookmark in DW Spectrum is a method of highlighting a segment of video for later recall.
Bookmarks always have the following information:
- Start/End Time
Bookmarks can be created manually in the Desktop Client or can be generated as an Action in the Events & Rules engine.
To Manually Create a Bookmark:
- Right click on the Timeline and highlight the video segment you would like to Bookmark.
- Choose Add Bookmark
- Input the name, description, and tags for the bookmark.
- Press enter.
To Generate Bookmarks via Rules:
- Set up a rule for the target camera or device which will be used to trigger the Bookmark.
- Make sure to choose the Duration of the Bookmark and to add tags for fast search later.
To View & Search Bookmarks
- Search - press CTRL + B to see a full list of Bookmarks in the System and search by keyword.
- View - press the Bookmark icon in the lower right-hand side of the Timeline. Bookmarks will be highlighted blue on the timeline.