Creating Event Rules in DW Spectrum
Creating Event Rules in DW Spectrum® IPVMS
Affected Roles: Administrator, Owner
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum® IPVMS
Software Version: DW Spectrum IPVMS v4.1 or higher
Last Edit: March 1, 2021
By default, DW Spectrum® IPVMS will notify Administrators in the event of a camera losing connection, storage issues, licensing issues, network issues, and generic events. However, additional Event Rules can be configured through the DW Spectrum® Client.
This article will outline how to create a new analytic event in DW Spectrum® IPVMS.
- DW Blackjack® Server Series
Creating an Event Rule
To create a new Event Rule in DW Spectrum® IPVMS:
- As an Administrator in the DW Spectrum® Client, click on the Main Menu and select System Administration.
- The System Administration menu will display.
From the General tab, click on Event Rules.
- The Event Rules window will display.
To create a new rule, click the +Add button.
- The Event section will display at the bottom of the window.
Configure the following:
- When – use the drop-down list to select the type of event that will trigger the Event Rule
- Starts/Stops – use the drop-down to determine if the Event Rule triggers at the start or end of an Event. This option is only available for some Event types
- At – select the device(s) that the Event Rule will be applied to
- Schedule – click on this button to open a weekly calendar to configure when the Event Rule will be active
- From the Action section, configure the following:
- Do – use the drop-down to select what the Event Rule will do when triggered
- Interval of Action – you may enable this setting and specify how frequently the Event Rule action can be performed
- To (Users) – click this button to select one or more user roles that will receive notifications from the triggered Event Rule
- After configuring the rule, click the Apply button to save the Event Rule. The Event Rule will then appear in the Event Rules list.
Click the OK button to close the Event Rules window.