myDW: Site Management
myDW®: Site Management
Affected Roles: Administrator, Owner
Related Digital Watchdog VMS Apps: DW Spectrum
Software Version: DW Spectrum IPVMS v4.0 or higher
Last Edit: July 17, 2020
myDW® Site Management
After signing up and creating your myDW® Cloud Management account, the myDW® platform will require the registration of your Digital Watchdog (DW) systems. By adding your system to the site list, myDW® can be used to monitor its connectivity, disk health, current firmware version, and other system information.
This article will outline how to add a site, edit a site, and how to delete a site for the myDW® Cloud Management platform.
Note: To utilize the myDW® platform, WAN (Internet) access is required for each DW system.
- DW Spectrum® IPVMS Servers
- DW Blackjack® Series
- VMAX® IP Plus Series
- VMAX® A1 Plus Series
Supported Web Browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
Adding A Site
To add a site to myDW®:
- Open a supported web browser, visit http://www.mydw.cloud/, and sign in to your myDW® account.
- From the Navigation panel, click on the Site tab.
Next, click on the Add Site button.
- The Site Create page will display.
From this screen, enter the following:
- Type – this setting determines the DW model type for myDW®. Select the option that best represents your recording platform or DW Cloud account.
- Health Check – enable this toggle if you would like to allow regular system health checks. This information will include the system’s overall Disk Health, Recording Health, current Storage (HDD) status, and active Cameras. If disabled, this information will be unavailable for viewing through myDW®.
- Health Check Period – If you have enabled the Health Check feature of myDW®, select a length of time for recurring updates to the current status of the site.
- Name – enter a name for the site. This setting will determine how the site will be labeled and identified in myDW®.
- Host – enter the URL, Public IP Address, or Pathfinder ID of the system. This information is typically located in the Network menu (VMAX) or Routing Management (DW Spectrum).
- Port – enter the TCP/IP Port of the system. By default this setting is typically Port 9010 (VMAX) or Port 7001 (DW Spectrum).
- Web Port – enter the Web Port of the system (VMAX only). By default, this setting is typically Port 80.
- User ID – enter your User ID to the system or enter the email address linked to your DW Cloud account.
- Password – enter the password for the entered User ID.
- Location [optional] – enter the address or relative location information of the site.
Note: The Site Create information is dynamic. The required fields will change, depending on the platform Type that is selected.
- After completing the Site Create form, click the Submit button.
If the information has been entered correctly and the site is online, the system will display in the Site List and on the Homepage.
- Repeat this process to add any additional sites to myDW®.
Note: This service is currently for the management of individual DW Spectrum Servers or DW standalone systems (VMAX). Servers of merged systems will need to be added individually.
DW Spectrum Cloud
If you selected the Spectrum Cloud option for the site Type, myDW® will initially withhold system disk and recording health information. In comparison to the DVR/NVR or Spectrum Media Server options, an additional step will be required.
To complete the Spectrum Cloud type registration:
- Click on the Site menu tab, then click on your DW Cloud account.
- In the Detail Status column, complete the following:
- ID – enter your DW Cloud account email address.
- PW – enter your DW Cloud account password.
- After entering and validating your DW Cloud credentials, you may proceed with using myDW® operations.
To edit an existing site:
- From the Site List, click on the Edit button of your desired system.
- The Site Edit page will display.
Make your necessary adjustments to the site information, then click the Submit button to save the changes.
Delete A Site
To delete an existing site:
- From the Site List, click on the Edit button of the system.
- Scroll down and click the Delete button.
When prompted, confirm the site deletion.
- myDW® will route you back to the Site List and will confirm that the site was successfully deleted.