Finding the DW Spectrum Server Log
What is a Server Log?
A Server Log keeps a record of all Server transactions in basic text form. In certain cases to speed up and simplify a troubleshooting process you might be asked to provide us with Server Logs.
How to find the Server Log:
Gathering Server Logs is slightly different on different Operating Systems. Follow the steps below for your OS.
Find the Log via the following paths:
- Windows Standard Path: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\DW Spectrum\DW Spectrum Media Server\log”
- Linux Standard Path: /opt/dwspectrum/mediaserver/var/log/
Sending the Server Log to Support:
- Copy the “log” folder and save it to your desktop or other location.
- Zip the log folder into a .zip file. Logs can be up to 100MB in size.
- Coordinate with our support team to provide the log file (e.g. Teamviewer, attachment, etc).